Your wedding day is one of the most important days of your life and every bride yearns for the best day ever, with no hiccups or incidents, even if they are nervous. There are many ways you can ensure your dream is granted and one of them is to hire a truly professional dj to make sure the reception swings along in just the way you want.
But that is not the only thing to do. It’s important you organise everything carefully and write it down, so you don’t forget anything or make a mistake. Here are some tips to help your wedding reception be terrific.
- Start organising early because things get booked out well ahead of time. Even 12 months ahead is not too early to book the venue.
- The food is an important part of the wedding reception. You want something a little different, but not so different that no one has ever heard of it. This is especially important if the bride or groom come from a different country where the food choices are not easily accessed in Australia.
- Choose two dishes so guests can exchange with their partner or someone else at their table if they don’t like the one they are given.
- Before booking the DJ, find out what music he has and if he can get your choice in time if he doesn’t happen to have it.
- Choose a disc jockey with MC abilities so you don’t have to find another person to do that.
- Make sure the music is quieter while the meal is on so that people can socialise without having to yell to make themselves heard.
- Order the drinks ahead of time and get more than you think you’ll need. Make them appropriate to the occasion.
- Having an open bar pleases most people, but if you are on a strict budget you may want to limit it to the cheaper drinks such as beer.
- Have mood lighting if the DJ doesn’t provide any.
- Add a photo booth so your guests can have fun dressing up and taking funny photos of themselves. They can download these the next day or whenever they are ready.
- It makes things a lot easier on you if you can deal with one company that does several things. For instance, caterers may also organise the drinks, wait staff, table decorations, hardware and other components of the meal.
- If you are a bundle of nerves it can rub off onto the guests. Nothing will go wrong, but if you are paranoid about it, delegate someone beforehand to deal with it on the night, so you won’t have to. Then you’ll enjoy the reception as much as your guests.